climateprediction.net home page
How to force a trickle!?

How to force a trickle!?

Questions and Answers : Unix/Linux : How to force a trickle!?
Message board moderation

To post messages, you must log in.

AuthorMessage
old_user8386

Send message
Joined: 1 Sep 04
Posts: 9
Credit: 387,413
RAC: 0
Message 8489 - Posted: 2 Feb 2005, 20:45:07 UTC

Had issue with IP access (reset router) but Boinc has deffered communications for 1 week 5 day ....

How can I force it to start tricking now?? I have tried
-return_results_immediately and -update_prefs

Thanks
ID: 8489 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
old_user46276

Send message
Joined: 29 Jan 05
Posts: 5
Credit: 8,535
RAC: 0
Message 8941 - Posted: 8 Feb 2005, 21:11:13 UTC

Hi,

Open client_state.xml. Search for the XML tag under the tag that belongs to CPDN (you can check this by looking at the tag under the tag). The value enclosed with in the tag is the absolute time in the future when BOINC will communicate again. It is in the format returned by gettimeofday() function.
Run "date +%s" and note the big number returned by it. Add 600 to the number and put the result in the tag. BOINC should communicate to the server in 10 minutes.

Example:
$ date +%s
1107899069

Change
1108357200
to
1107899669

Hope this helps.

-Sarav

ID: 8941 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
old_user30025

Send message
Joined: 15 Nov 04
Posts: 19
Credit: 35,499
RAC: 0
Message 8998 - Posted: 9 Feb 2005, 13:48:59 UTC - in response to Message 8941.  

Sarav,

thank you for the reply.

> Open client_state.xml.

I think you'd have to shut down the computation for the model, right? Or can it be done even while CPDN is running?

Best
ID: 8998 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
old_user42238

Send message
Joined: 27 Jan 05
Posts: 1
Credit: 133,780
RAC: 0
Message 9284 - Posted: 14 Feb 2005, 8:37:27 UTC - in response to Message 8941.  

> Hi,
>
> Open client_state.xml. Search for the XML tag under the tag that belongs
> to CPDN (you can check this by looking at the tag under the tag). The value
> enclosed with in the tag is the absolute time in the future when BOINC will
> communicate again. It is in the format returned by gettimeofday() function.
> Run "date +%s" and note the big number returned by it. Add 600 to the number
> and put the result in the tag. BOINC should communicate to the server in 10
> minutes.
>
> Example:
> $ date +%s
> 1107899069
>
> Change
> 1108357200
> to
> 1107899669
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> -Sarav
>

The tag is "min_rpc_time"
ID: 9284 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
old_user30025

Send message
Joined: 15 Nov 04
Posts: 19
Credit: 35,499
RAC: 0
Message 9303 - Posted: 14 Feb 2005, 16:34:28 UTC - in response to Message 9284.  

> The tag is "min_rpc_time"

Hi Josh, thank you for providing that info.

For all my computers it says "0
ID: 9303 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
old_user57798

Send message
Joined: 25 Feb 05
Posts: 6
Credit: 11,512
RAC: 0
Message 10373 - Posted: 4 Mar 2005, 16:35:49 UTC - in response to Message 9303.  

> > The tag is "min_rpc_time"
>
> Hi Josh, thank you for providing that info.
>
> For all my computers it says "0
>

Hi - now I'm confused. I have one Linux box that is daily sending trickles but another that appears to be running (CPU maxed out on hadsm3...) for several days with no returns at all. The min_rpc_time says "0" for both....?? I stoped and restarted the non trickling one with "-update_prefs climateprediction.net" but it did not report anything.

kyle
ID: 10373 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote
old_user46276

Send message
Joined: 29 Jan 05
Posts: 5
Credit: 8,535
RAC: 0
Message 10750 - Posted: 12 Mar 2005, 6:54:23 UTC - in response to Message 10373.  

Hi,

Even if the reply is 0, follow the steps I mentioned in my earlier post and that should help. Sorry for not mentioning the tag name "min_rpc_time" on the earlier post.

leggewie, yes BOINC (not just CPDN) should be stopped before you do this change.

-Sarav

> > > The tag is "min_rpc_time"
> >
> > Hi Josh, thank you for providing that info.
> >
> > For all my computers it says "0
> >
>
> Hi - now I'm confused. I have one Linux box that is daily sending trickles but
> another that appears to be running (CPU maxed out on hadsm3...) for several
> days with no returns at all. The min_rpc_time says "0" for both....?? I stoped
> and restarted the non trickling one with "-update_prefs climateprediction.net"
> but it did not report anything.
>
> kyle
>
ID: 10750 · Report as offensive     Reply Quote

Questions and Answers : Unix/Linux : How to force a trickle!?

©2020 climateprediction.net